Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 29 and epilogue


Since our week was nice, but still filled with unusual setbacks, we decided to go to the airport in plenty of time.  So we ate breakfast and then took the shuttle to the airport and did make it there in plenty of time!   I decided to go through security (after getting my boarding pass and handing ver my bags), since the line looked long and I didn't want to miss my flight.  So, that's what I did, and then I sat and waited.  Paul eventually got through as well (I was taking JetBlue and he was taking Southwest so we waiting in different boarding pass lines).  He came over to my gate, since his flight was a couple hours after mine.  We waited for my flight and then parted  ways!!  I went on my way to Boston, where I saw a beautiful sunset from my window just before landing.  I didn't stand up the entire flight, so my leg hurt later, but Mom, Dad, Katrina, Pierce, and I went to Nana's for awhile after they picked me up.  Then we went home!! (Krysta)

I proceeded to fly back to LAX, got picked up by William, and spent some time in Burbank, later met Austin and went over to his place to drink beers and watch this new U2 documentary! Ended up staying in the Glen Capri on San Fernando Rd. for 3 nights before heading to Oakwood and staying with William and Aaron for 6 nights. That was nice because I was finally able to go to the gym on a somewhat regular basis, didn't want to try running yet cause my foot was still healing. Ended up going to the movies quite a few times on the second part of my trip, mostly at the AMC Downtown Burbank 16. Tried (unsuccessfully) looking for jobs out there, came back with a few leads, but nothing ever really materialized... oh well... My dad flew out on November 2nd I believe, and he stayed for about a week, mostly in the good ol Residence Inn again. They were probably getting sick of me by then, spending the better part of a month there. We did a few things while he was in town, went to an LA Kings game, who little did we know would win the Stanley Cup and the end of the season. Visited the Reagan library in Simi Valley, and had a nice dinner at a friend of his from medical school's house in Santa Monica. 

When he went back I started to realize that it was probably getting near the time I should start thinking about leaving as well. Money was getting really low, yeah I had a credit card, but I didn't want to rack up an unpayable amount on it... I ended up heading back to the Glen Capri for the rest of my trip, 7 or 8 more nights I think. Tried more job searching, thought I might have had something promising with NBCUniversal when a recruiter called me, but that didn't manifest. Not really too much else to say about my last week or so there. Eventually I booked a red eye flight out of the Burbank airport on the night of November 15th. William and I got dinner and Outback Steakhouse off Victory Blvd. and he then dropped me off at the airport. My flight was a little delayed, so I almost missed my connecting flight from NYC to Boston. Got picked up at Logan by my mom, and headed home....

Overall it was quite an experience, probably a once in a lifetime type. While I would have loved to have stayed out in LA indefinitely, it was realistically probably time to come home. I feel very lucky to have been able to take that trip and seen so many amazing things. Anyway, I did go back to LA this past May for a week, nice to see my friends again, but it was far too short of a time to be that memorable, guess if I'm not going to end up living out there, which seems to be the likely scenario now, I can at least visit once or twice a year. 

Well thanks to everyone who followed our trip, it was fun writing this blog (most of the time...) and along with the pictures, it'll be a good way to remember our trip by. Sorry it took me so long to finish it, but I'm glad it finally is done.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment